This Notice is issued to you by and on behalf of WCT Holdings Berhad and its related companies* (hereinafter referred to as “WCT Group”) pursuant to the Personal Data Protection Act 2010. In this notice “we”, “our” and “us” refer to any of the companies within the WCT Group.
Source and Description of Personal Data
We have collected and/or will be collecting personal data as disclosed by / collected from you which, depending on the purpose for which you disclosed the data, may include your personal details (e.g. name, date of birth, gender, race, NRIC / passport no., marital status), your contact information as well as your educational, professional, occupational, financial, familial details and/or any other information which you may provide to us. Some of your personal data may also have been obtained by us from public records, media publications and/or third parties legally authorized (at the time of disclosure) to disclose such Data. (Collectively referred to in this Notice as your “Data”)
Purpose and Disclosure
Your Data is being or will be processed for the purposes for which it was disclosed by you, such as to enable us to consider entering into a contract with you, to fulfil our contractual obligations to you and/or to offer or to deliver products and/or services to you. In addition, your Data is also being processed or will be processed to enable us to better administer our contractual relationship and/or to provide you with information on WCT Group, its activities, products and/or services and any other purposes relating hereto. (Collectively referred to in this Notice as the “Purposes”)
For the Purposes, your Data may be disclosed to another company within the WCT Group or to our agents, representatives, professional advisors and/or consultants, third party service and/or utility providers, contractors, suppliers and/or vendors as well as to relevant governmental, municipal and/or regulatory authorities and any other parties as may deem necessary by us to fulfil the Purposes as mentioned above.
Access, Correction, Inquiry and/or Complaint
You have the right to request for access to your Data and to request to update or correct the same. To request access or if you have any inquiries and/or complaints regarding your Data and/or the manner it is being processed , please contact Corporate Communication Manager at 03-78052266 or email us at email@example.com. Please note that you will be requested to provide information to verify your identity. It will also be helpful if you can provide the name of the WCT Group company which is (or which you believe is) processing your Data.
Consent and Choice
Save for Data necessary for the performance of contracts between us (for which you must provide the Data failing which you may be in breach of contract and/or we may not be able to contract with or fulfil our contractual obligation to you), you may choose whether or not to provide your Data and (if already provided) may choose whether or not to consent, or to withdraw or limit your consent for your Data to be collected and/or processed as above. If you do not consent or wish to withdraw or limit your consent for your Data to be collected and/or processed as above, please contact Corporate Communication Manager at 03-78052266 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
TERMS & CONDITIONS OF WCT BUDDY LOYALTY PROGRAMME
1. ELIGIBILITY AND MEMBERSHIP
- Subject to our sole discretion, eligible persons may participate in the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme by downloading the app on google / i-store and registering online the Programme Mobile Application, or by such other means as determined by us from time to time in our sole discretion.
- All participants must be at least 16 years old on the date they sign up for the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme.
- By signing up to the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme, you shall be deemed to have read, understood, and accepted these Terms and Conditions. These Terms and Conditions shall also apply in relation to any Personal Data provided by you to us in connection with the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme which is outlined at http://www.wct.com.my/pdpa/.
- As a condition of your participation in the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme, you are required to provide us with current, accurate, truthful and complete information about yourself during the registration process and to keep your records with us current and up-to-date. You agree that you shall be solely responsible for all consequences of providing any inaccurate, incomplete and/or insufficient information. In the event that we determine or have reason to believe that the information which you have provided to us is not current, is inaccurate, or is incomplete in any way or that you have provided us with false or misleading registration information, we reserve the right to either suspend or terminate your Membership.
- Merging of memberships even though owned by the same person is strictly not allowed. The member must be terminated the cloned membership and retain only one (1) valid membership.
- We may amend these Terms and Conditions from time to time in our sole discretion upon posting the amended version at the Programme Website.
2. BUDDY POINTS ACQUISITION
- BUDDY Points can be earned by you in accordance with these Terms and Conditions when you make a qualifying purchase of goods and/or services from Qualified Retailers in Participating Malls.
- To be eligible to earn BUDDY POINTS for a qualifying purchase, you must submit your Receipt to us no later than one (1) day following your purchase by scanning your Receipt using the WCT Buddy Loyalty App Programme and (b) upload a digital copy of your Receipt on the Programme Mobile Application.
- The criteria for qualifying purchases and the BUDDY POINTS earn rate for qualifying purchases shall be determined by us at our sole discretion and may vary as between Participating Malls and as between Qualified Retailers in Participating Malls.
- BUDDY POINTS will not be credited into your Account until your Receipt is determined by us to be valid. We may reject any Receipt as being invalid at our sole discretion, and any such decisions by us shall be considered final, conclusive and binding upon you.
- Scanned Receipts will take up to 5 working days for approval. A status “Approved” indicating approved receipts / “Rejected” Receipts indicating rejected Receipts with the stipulated reasons will be displayed on the mobile application of the shopper.
- We may cancel and/or delete and/or otherwise deduct BUDDY POINTS that have already been credited into your Account in our absolute discretion.
- We may delay crediting BUDDY POINTS into your Account until we have verified to our satisfaction that BUDDY POINTS were not credited into your Account in breach of any of these Terms and Conditions.
- BUDDY POINTS accrued in your Account remain our property. BUDDY POINTS do not entitle a member to a vested right or interest and have no cash value. BUDDY POINTS are not redeemable for cash and are not transferable or assignable for any reason or any purpose. BUDDY POINTS are also not transferable between Accounts. The sale, auction (including online auction), barter, transfer or assignment of any accumulated BUDDY POINTS is strictly prohibited, and any BUDDY POINTS which we deem in our sole discretion to have been transferred, sold, auctioned, bartered or assigned in violation of these Terms and Conditions may be confiscated and/or cancelled.
- BUDDY POINTS in your Account are voided upon cancellation or termination of your Membership, howsoever caused. For the avoidance of doubt, you shall not be entitled to any compensation in respect of any BUDDY POINTS which are voided.
- You may check the number of BUDDY POINTS that you have on your own WCT Buddy Loyalty App.
3. BUDDY POINTS VALIDITY PERIOD
- BUDDY POINTS credited to your Account in a calendar year within 12 months
- Upon expiry, the points will be considered NULL.
- We may from time to time amend the validity period of the BUDDY POINTS.
Notwithstanding and without prejudice to the other terms of these Terms and Conditions, we are entitled at any time in our absolute discretion without liability to you, without notice and without giving any reason, to:
(a) suspend or terminate your Membership entirely whether or not you are in default of these Terms and Conditions; and/or
(b) refuse to allow you to participate in the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme ; and/or
(c) introduce, amend, restrict, suspend or terminate all or any of the benefits, services, facilities and privileges in respect of or in connection with your Membership.
- Redemption may only be made upon the verification of your identity in accordance with these Terms and Conditions.
- Redemption may be made by you personally attending and presenting your Malaysia Identity Card, Malaysia Permanent Resident Card, Work Permit or passport for identity verification at the customer service counters in Participating Malls, or via any other means as determined by us from time to time in our absolute discretion.
- The list of Rewards, Prizes and the number of BUDDY POINTS required for the Redemption of the respective Rewards shall be determined by us. For the avoidance of doubt, we may from time to time amend the number of BUDDY POINTS required for Redemption of Rewards without prior notice to you.
- Rewards and Prizes are offered subject to their availability.
- To the maximum extent permitted under applicable law, we do not make any warranty or representation on any product or service offered as Rewards and/or Prizes and do not accept any liability in respect of any such Rewards and/or Prizes.
- A member is not allowed to upload receipts from the same store they work. This applies to tenants / employees who work in the mall to avoid abuse and dispute.
- As a WCT buddy you will receive communication and information around points, benefits and other member related areas. If you do not wish to receive this information, please cancel your membership.
- Any dispute arising from or relating to the goods or services received as Rewards and/or Prizes shall be settled between you and the supplier of the Rewards and/or Prizes. We shall not be liable for any claim arising from or relating to the Rewards and/or Prizes and/or the Redemption process. However, shoppers are allowed to appeal for the points redemption provided with supporting and justification for the management’s further review and consideration at email@example.com
6. MEMBERSHIP VALIDITY
In the event that you do not submit at least six (6) valid Receipts for a period of twelve (12) consecutive months, your Membership may be terminated by us.
7. TERMINATION OF WCT BUDDY LOYALTY PROGRAMME
We may at our absolute and sole discretion, without prior notice to you, suspend or terminate the WCT BUDDY LOYALTY programme for any reason whatsoever as we deem fit.
8. REQUIREMENTS OF THE RECEIPTS FOR SCANNING
- Money changer receipts are not allowed
- Nets / Credit / Debit card slips are not accepted
- Hand written receipts are not accepted
- Very long receipts (>29.7 cm) cannot be scanned – Customer will be guided to contact Customer Service Centre for assistance
- Receipts indicating purchase of Mall Voucher are not accepted and will not generate points
- Receipts from ATMs, Touch & Go Top-Up transactions, and bill payments are not accepted.
- Lottery tickets, vendors (non-tenants) at promotion areas as well as purchases offset with rebates or points are not accepted.
- Transportation tickets (bus, taxi, car rental, train)